Boston, MA – Capstone Partners, a leading middle market investment banking firm, concluded 2022 with an important goal in mind: prioritizing Capstone Cares, the firm’s non-profit donation initiative, which has been at the heart of the organization since its formal inception three years ago. Over $50,000 in individual contributions from Capstone employees, ranging from Analyst to Managing Director, made up the participation across all office locations. The firm matched every dollar donated by its employees, resulting in over $100,000 being donated across four non-profits.
The non-profit organizations supported in 2022, hand-selected by an employee-led committee based on the firm’s core values, include the following:
- Heart & Hand, based in Denver, CO
- Heart & Hand provides afterschool, summer, career, college readiness, and family development programs for underserved youth in Denver, CO. They create a nurturing daily afterschool environment where students in grades two through eight receive meals, help with homework, exposure to new passions, and a healthy dose of love. In addition, Heart & Hand works to provide youth with an enriching summer camp experience inclusive of academic support, field trips, and workshops.
- Shoes That Fit, located across the U.S.
- Shoes That Fit tackles one of the most visible signs of childhood poverty in America by giving children in need new athletic shoes so they can confidently attend school with dignity and joy, prepared to learn, play, and thrive. For 30 years, Shoes That Fit has worked with individuals, corporate partners, community leaders, and foundations to provide children with new shoes, fitted individually to their feet. Last school year, Shoes That Fit provided new shoes to more than 150,000 children from our most vulnerable communities across the country. Read more about our in-person service days with Shoes that Fit this year.
- Boy & Girls Club of Boston, based in Boston, MA
- The Boy & Girls Club of Boston looks to build leadership for tomorrow by sustaining communities today. They serve young people ages six to 18, including those who have limited affordable access to physically and emotionally safe environments, quality experiences, and enriching opportunities.
- C5 Youth Foundation, based in Dallas, TX
- The C5 Youth Foundation of Texas makes it possible for underprivileged youth to learn the skills needed to achieve a brighter future and become a positive force in their community. This 5-year leadership program begins in 7th grade and guides students on becoming 1st generation college students. Youth participate in summer camps, trips, and assignments designed to teach leadership skills, independence, community building, perseverance, and college prep.
While Capstone Partners’ end of year fundraiser contributes financial resources to these impactful programs, the Firm’s employees also contribute an even greater resource throughout the year—their time. In 2022, Capstone employees hand-delivered shoes to elementary school students in several local communities. They also participated in career and college prep programs, community cleanup days, and Back-To-School Drives, all of which help the next generation achieve their full potential. Capstone and its leadership committed themselves to supporting the growth of the next generation of leaders in our communities by giving back time and financial resources through these programs.
The Capstone Cares program will continue to be a top priority for the firm as it moves into 2023. Following rapid growth in participation rates and total dollars donated since launching the program in 2020, Capstone is excited to continue to scale the program and support further philanthropic efforts.
ABOUT CAPSTONE PARTNERS
For over 20 years, the firm has been a trusted advisor to leading middle market companies, offering a fully integrated range of investment banking and financial advisory services uniquely tailored to help owners, investors, and creditors through each stage of the company’s lifecycle. Capstone’s services include M&A advisory, debt and equity placement, corporate restructuring, special situations, valuation and fairness opinions, and financial advisory services. Headquartered in Boston, the firm has 175+ professionals across the U.S. With 12 dedicated industry groups, Capstone delivers sector-specific expertise through large, cross-functional teams. Capstone is a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (NASDAQ: HBAN). For more information, visit www.capstonepartners.com.
For More Information Contact:
Director of Marketing
Insights for Middle Market Leaders
Receive email updates with our proprietary data, reports, and insights as they’re published for the industries that matter to you most.