Capstone Partners and AUSA
Partner with Capstone at AUSA, the Army’s most powerful annual event.
Capstone Partners’ Aerospace, Defense, Government & Security (ADGS) investment banking team attends the Association of the United States Army’s (AUSA) Annual Meeting & Exposition in Washington, D.C. each year to deepen our extensive industry expertise, network connections, and market insights. The team has over 150 years of collective industry experience, giving our clients the requisite confidence to pursue creative solutions that maximize shareholder value over the long-term.
As a middle market business owner or investor in the space, we invite you to connect with a member of the ADGS investment banking team in person at the next Annual AUSA event – or schedule call any time – to explore how we can help you navigate the short- and long-term opportunities and challenges facing your business. We offer unparalleled strategic advice and transaction execution through a deep understanding of your goals, your business, and the markets.
Three Key Takeaways from AUSA 2023
Through attending in-person exhibitions and multiple panel discussions at AUSA’s 2023 Annual Conference in Washington D.C., Capstone has selected three key trends that are expected to shape the future of the ADGS industry. Military leaders, U.S. Army administrators, and leading industry voices provided insights on key trends in Capstone’s coverage areas, specifically the Air, Land, Sea, & Space (ALSS) Systems and Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) sectors. Several takeaways from our experience at conference include:
- Transformation Over Modernization: As the U.S. military experiences a period of significant disruption in technology, the need for a transition from technology modernization to technology transformation has taken center stage amid growing geopolitical conflicts around the globe.
- DOD Expands Resources for Small Businesses: As the Defense industry has become increasingly consolidated at the top among primes, the Small Business Administration (SBA) and DOD Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) have committed significant capital and additional resources to help small businesses compete in the Federal marketplace.
- Strategic Initiatives from the Department of Defense Drives Technology Exhibition: National security directives from the president’s FY 2024 DOD Budget Request have shaped the direction of capital investment across the Defense industry.
Read the full article here:
Connect with Capstone at AUSA 2024
- Event Dates: October 14th-16th, 2024
- Event Location: Walter E. Washington Conference Center, Washington, DC
- Event Website: ausa.org
Why Meet With Capstone at AUSA 2024?
- Capstone Partners’ ADGS Investment Banking Team provides M&A, capital formation, and financial advisory services to the owners of middle market businesses in the Aerospace, Defense, Government and Security sectors. We offer strategic advice and transaction execution through a deep understanding of your goals, your business, and the markets. Meet with the team during AUSA for an unrivaled opportunity to innovate, collaborate, and elevate your business at the most dynamic event of its kind.
- From potential exit transactions to equity raises, debt raises, and turnaround services, our specialized team provides expertise in all verticals of the Defense industry.
- Partnering with Capstone’s ADGS team means gaining access to industry experts who understand the unique value propositions, valuation trends, and timeline considerations of the Defense market. No matter what stage of growth you are in, our team will analyze a full range of strategic options to help you achieve your long-term goals and advance your vision.
Common Questions Regarding AUSA and Capstone’s ADGS Coverage
What is AUSA and who would benefit from attending?
The Association of the United States Army’s (AUSA) Annual Meeting is the largest land power exposition and professional development forum in North America. Taking place over three days, the Annual Meeting is designed to deliver the Army’s message by highlighting the capabilities of organizations and presenting a wide range of industry products and services. AUSA accomplishes this task throughout the entire event by providing informative and relevant presentations on the State-of-the-Army, panel discussions and seminars on pertinent military and national security subjects, and a variety of valuable networking events available to all that attend.
The AUSA Annual Meeting also includes an expansive show floor filled with 700+ exhibitors.
Learn more about AUSA here.
Which Capstone Investment Bankers attended AUSA 2023?
Capstone Managing Director Tess Oxenstierna attended AUSA’s 2023 Annual Meeting, along with Market Intelligence Analyst Joe Collins, to connect with business owners, discuss industry trends, and provide insights on the current M&A landscape.
About Tess: Tess is a Managing Director with 25+ years of experience in the aerospace and defense industry, government policy arena, and financial services sector. Tess holds deep domain knowledge and has closed transactions in the high-growth markets of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Air/Land/Sea/Space (ALSS) Systems. Prior to joining Capstone, Tess founded the Aerospace and Defense practice at a middle market boutique investment bank focusing on private and public corporate clients with diverse products such as command and control software for aerial drones, satellite-based force tracking systems, and electronic warfare devices used in Afghanistan and Iraq.
About Joe: Joe is a Market Intelligence Analyst at Capstone Partners primarily focusing on the Aerospace, Defense, Government & Security (ADGS) and Healthcare industries. Joe is the lead contributor to our article: Three Takeaways for the 2023 AUSA Conference.
How can middle market business owners in ADGS benefit from partnering with Capstone?
Capstone’s ADGS Investment Banking team is an industry thought leader in Defense M&A, helping clients maximize value through strategic insights and access to buyers.
By tracking consolidation activity across sector verticals, we stay up to date on the most targeted areas for investment and forward-thinking acquirers. As a result, we receive regular inquiries from firms seeking entry into the expansive defense space.
Our deep expertise and ongoing engagement within the industry provide key insights into trends, buyer preferences, and value drivers that reinforce client negotiating positions. We are also active in the market with multiple mandates that keep us informed on the current deal environment.
Leveraging this market intelligence, we maintain strong relationships with strategic acquirers and institutional investors seeking to capitalize on growth in the Defense industry. Our full-service M&A approach aims to deliver the optimal outcome for clients. We address the full lifecycle of the business, leading to a comprehensive transaction process to achieve maximization of value in an exit transaction. A sampling of recently closed deals is available below.
In addition, Capstone has developed a full suite of corporate finance solutions, including M&A advisory, debt advisory, financial advisory, and equity capital financing to help privately owned businesses through each stage of the company’s lifecycle, ranging from growth to an exit transaction.
ADGS Team Sectors of Focus
Capstone’s ADGS Group prides itself on having investment bankers who specialize in the various nuanced sub-sectors of the Aerospace, Defense, Government and Security Industries, including but not limited to:
- Advanced Materials
- Aerostructures & Engines
- Air Transportation
- Ground Operations
- MRO & Support Services
- Space & Satellite
- Specialty Component Manufacturing
- Training, Modeling & Simulation
- C4ISR & Net-Centric Systems
- Air, Land, Sea & Space Systems
- Missiles, Missile Defense & Munitions
- Unmanned Autonomous Systems & Robotics
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Warfare
- Electronics & Sensors (Electronic Warfare/Signals, Radar, EO/IR, Acoustics)
- Systems Engineering & Integration
- Test & Evaluation
- Logistics Management/Transportation
- Training & Simulation
- Information Technology
- Healthcare IT
- Government Services
- Intelligence & Homeland Security
- Advanced Research & Development
- Software & Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics
- Technical & Support Services
- Logistics & Support Services
- Training & Simulation
- Data and Network Protection
- Software as a Service (“SaaS”) and On Premise
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Physical Security
- Access Control
- Alarm Monitoring
- Video Surveillance
Request a Consultation
If you own or invest in a private, middle market company in the Aerospace, Defense, Government & Security industry reach out to a team member and explore how we can help advise you with strategic decision-making to maximize financial outcomes at every stage of your business’s lifecycle.