Merger and Acquisition Activity Improves Year-over-Year In Q1 2021
Total merger and acquisition (M&A) volume increased 2.9% year-over-year in Q1 as robust valuations and the prospect of tax increases have encouraged business owners to seek a liquidity event and capitalize on the current environment. Capstone anticipates rampant transaction volume through the remainder of the year with increased competition in deal processes to drive strong pricing for quality assets.
Download this report for access to:
- How Q1 transaction volume and aggregate deal value compares to historic levels
- Data on average EBITDA purchase multiples for middle market M&A transactions
- Which industries have experienced the highest valuations and transaction volume in the last twelve-month period
- How strategic acquirers have altered their participation in M&A through Q1
- Private equity middle market transaction activity and fundraising levels
- Commentary on the availability and utilization of debt in M&A transactions
Taxes are pulling deals forward from 2022. The specter of increased capital gains taxes on high income individuals and families has undoubtedly prompted many owners, particularly those with a low basis, to rush for the exits in 2021.
To download the full report click here.
Insights for Middle Market Leaders
Receive email updates with our proprietary data, reports, and insights as they’re published for the industries that matter to you most.