Capstone Partners Attends Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) September 2022 Conference
Capstone Partners professionals recently attended the Staffing Industry Analysts’ (SIA’s) “Collaboration In The Gig Economy” Conference —held in Dallas, Texas on September 20th-22nd.
Bob Balaban, Managing Director and Head of Capstone’s Business Services Investment Banking group, attended the conference along with our Market Intelligence Associate Max Morrissey.
Highlights from the event include conversations on sector resilience, private equity interest, and high-growth end markets—and their projected impact on revenues and M&A activity moving into 2023.
Through conversations with staffing firms, keynote speakers, and panel discussions led by C-Suite executives at the conference, our team has identified several factors that are expected to shape the sector through year end and into 2023, which they share in their latest article:
Access the article for insights and key takeaways, including:
- How increasing adoption of software and automation tools is reshaping the traditional responsibilities of a recruiter.
- Segments currently capturing the highest market share and their projected contributions to YOY sector growth.
- Forecasts for the future of remote work and Gen Z’s influence as they come to represent a growing share of the workforce over the next decade.
Human Capital, Consulting & Staffing Services Experience
Capstone Partners’ Business Services Investment Banking Group provides M&A, capital formation, and financial advisory services to a wide variety of middle market B2B service companies across the HR & Staffing sector.
Led by Managing Director Bob Balaban, the group offers expertise in HR Outsourcing, Staffing Services, Professional Employer Organizations, and more, and has advised on 4 closed transactions in the last 2 years.
From blue collar to white, whether your business is tech-enabled, or more tightly aligned to your employees and stakeholders, our team understands service business and the unique opportunities presented by them. We look beyond just the numbers as we understand the value of any business extends beyond simply where you’ve been, but rather to where you are headed. Understanding the unique value proposition of every client is no small part of how we maximize results for clients.
About Capstone's Business Services Investment Banking Group
Capstone’s Business Services Team has been recognized as a thought leader across various segments of the business services industry, with our members having appeared or been quoted on MSNBC, Money Magazine, Kiplinger’s, and other national news outlets. Our research has identified some of the most active areas of consolidation and activity within the larger economy, and as such, we maintain a constant dialogue with both strategic acquirers and institutional investors who are interested in the sector.
- Human Capital, Consulting & Staffing Services
- HR Outsourcing
- Staffing Services
- Professional Employer Organizations
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Call Center / Tech Support Services
- Distribution and Wholesaling
- IT Outsourcing
- Onshore, Offshore & Nearshore
- Facilities Maintenance & Management
- Connectivity Solutions
- Maintenance Services
- Professional Services
- Engineering & Technical
- Financial, Accounting & Legal
- Fulfillment Services & Printing
- Industrial Services
- Marketing Services
- Professional Consulting
About SIA's 'Collaboration in The Gig Economy' Conference and Capstone's Presence
More about Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) and “Collaboration In The Gig Economy”
Collaboration in the Gig Economy is a one-of-a-kind event where tech, talent solutions, and suppliers converge to collaborate on strategies for the evolved workforce of tomorrow.
Staffing Industry Analysts’ (SIA) unique conference is designed for all players in the talent supply chain and is entrepreneurs connect with enterprise contingent workforce human resources and procurement hiring managers, staffing firms, suppliers to staffing firms, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) companies, vendor management system (VMS), managed service provider (MSP), suppliers to enterprise companies, and talent & staffing platform companies during this live, collaborative conference experience.
2022’s event held in September covered more than 20 sessions on the most pressing topics for everyone in the workforce ecosystem who connect talent to work across these tracks:
- Staffing & Talent Platform Technology
- Key Issues in the Gig Economy
- Leading in a New World of Work
Our team enjoyed the thought-provoking keynote presentations from SIA’s President Barry Asin and Research Director Brian Wallins, future-of-work strategist and co-author of The Adaptation Advantage, Heather McGowan and collaboration expert, New York Times bestselling author and VP of Client Strategy at Upwork Tim Sanders.
This unique conference also included an attendee favorite: Gig Economy Shark Tank: Technology Innovation Competition, featuring firms on the cutting-edge of technology for the gig economy. Plus, the latest innovation and trends from the Gig Economy sponsors during the Speed Suppliers session and the Tech & Product Showcase demos.
We may have missed you at this year’s event, but we welcome you to schedule a time to connect with Bob Balaban for a personalized consultation centered on your company.
Explore Our Insights
Our award-winning market insights department and experienced professionals regularly produce proprietary market intelligence and insights to help you manage your business and capitalize on opportunities. Here are some selections we think will be of interest as you navigate the current market.
- Top Ten Takeaways from Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) Conference: Collaboration in the Gig Economy
- Human Resources & Staffing Services Market Update: Strong Labor Force Stimulates HR & Staffing Services Sector
- HR & Staffing CEO Discusses Remote Staffing, Outsourced Solutions, and Impacts of Covid-19 on the Sector
- Six Sector Trends for BPO & Contact Centers in 2022
- Step-by-Step Guide to the M&A Process
- Do Mergers and Acquisitions Create Value?
- Defining the Middle Market
- What Type of Buyer is Right for Your Business?
Ready to Connect?
Want to learn more about how Capstone Partners’ Business Services Group can help Staffing entrepreneurs and investors reach their business goals?